This is an old version of the council's website. It may contain information that is not up-to-date.

To visit our new website click or tap here.

Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction

Help with paying your rent or council tax.

If you are working age and need help with your rent you will need to claim Universal Credit instead of Housing Benefit.

Housing Benefit is a national scheme to help people pay their rent if they have a low income or they have no income.

Council Tax Reduction helps people to pay their council tax bill if they have a low income or no income. For assistance with your council tax costs you need to make a claim for council tax support with the council, regardless of whether you claim Housing Benefit from the council, or housing costs as part of your Universal Credit.

Click here to find out if you are eligible for support using the online calculator

Benefit Rules have changed.

Read about:

Powered by GOSS iCM